Thursday, February 18, 2010

Challenges

What I am going to share is a topic from "TouchPoints:for Students":

CHALLENGES

In a world that seems opposed to God, how do I handle the challenge of keeping my faith strong?

1 Chronicles 28:30 | Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God...is within you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Hebrews 6:18 | God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who had fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.

The strength to handle challenges comes from God, for he is all-powerful. Therefore you must stay close to Him through Bible study and prayer, never doubting his promises to help and strengthen you. When you face opposition, always stand your ground on the truth of God's Word. When you do, you cannot be shaken.

What can I do when someone challenges me?

Proverbs 15: 31-32 | If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise. If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding.

Galatians 2:11 | [Paul said,] "When Peter came to Antioch, I had to opposite him to his face, for what he did was very wrong."

When someone challenges sin in your life, you must humbly look inside yourself to determine whether or not the criticism is valid. You should be grateful to those who challenge you to live a godly life, but you also need to learn to discern when someone's challenge is not founded.

What if someone dares or challenges me to do wrong?

Joshua 1:7 | Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instruction Moses gave you. Do not deviate from the, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do.

2 Corinthians 13:8 | We cannot oppose the truth, but must always stand for the truth.

Sin is often attractive and fun; otherwise it wouldn't tempt you. One of your greatest challenges is to do right in the face of such temptation, especially when it comes from friends.

How does God challenge me?

Deuteronomy 6:5 | You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

John 14:15 | [Jesus said,] "If you love me, you obey my commandments."

God challenges you to develop a relationship with him.

Mark 10:21 | Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. "There is still one thing you haven't done," he told him. "Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

God challenges you to examine your heart and make sure he has first place in your life.

John 15: 12-13 | [Jesus said,] "This is my commandments: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."

God challenges you to love others as much as he does.

2 Timothy 3: 16-17 | All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

God challenges you to obey his Word, your blueprint for life.

Promise from God Psalm 37:5 | Commit everything you do the the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you.

Reflection:
We face challenges every second of our lifes, be it making a decision or others. Very often I tend to rely on my own strength and instincts to make a judgement or decision. I don't seek for his directions. Only when I am desperate and in urgency then I will come before Him for help. I think I just take things for granted when God bless me with things I hope for or expected, and by his Grace that I was able to overcome challenges after challenges. Sometimes it was too soon to celebrate and never rejoice in the Lord. When He doesn't answer, then I would blame Him or question why did that happen? Was my relationship with God getting further and further apart? Did I not do my quiet time with God? Did I sin on the day either on purpose or didn't realize that I did it? It is indeed tough and someone once told me "Being Christian is not easy". Yes, indeed! But the great thing is we get to experience things we never could before and many many more wonderful things that He had done and could give us. I once read somewhere that it is by memorizing the bible verses that it will be implanted in our mind, then once in our mind and our lips, it is all on us whether to obey or disobey it. I have to learn to trust Him and surrender all my problems and sorrow to Him, let Him take charge and show me the direction. At the same time, to be sensitive to LISTEN to him.





3 comments:

At the cross said...

Hey CF, Glad to read this early in the morning! hehe

I am so sien here in bradford at the moment cuz my ward round etc was cancelled and I am waiting for one of the doctors to answer my reply. lolz..so sien that I feel like blogging and regretted not bringing my psalms book with me today so that I can write something. But it is really great reading your reflection on challenges and do keep on facing this challenges with courage from God, at the same time, trusting Him! =) Hope to read more, maybe once a week if busy? =p

I think I had been a bit dry over the past weeks and time to start doing a bit of blogging too to give my heart a check-up. =p =p Your entry reminds me of the challenges in life. Glad to read your entry today cuz it gives me the strength to move on for the day. =)

CF said...

Haha thanks Steph! I don't really know whether I convey the message I wanted. lol..think I'm getting you and YK's disease. lol

At the cross said...

haha...I think I got the message gua, XD U need to take antibiotics then to avoid catching the disease off us. =p