'The Lord is my shepherd...' Psalm 23:1
Abraham Lincoln wrote, 'I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day. 'All of us feel that way at times. That's because we are all sheep in need of a shepherd. Of all God's creatures, sheep seem the least able to care for themselves. They're directionless: they'll walk off a cliff or wander into a river and drown. They're defenceless : they've no claws so they can't fight, run fast or climb a tree to safety. They're dirty: your cat and dog can clean themselves, but sheep get dirty and stay that way. You say, 'I don't like being compared to sheep. 'All right, then answer these questions. How well do you control your impulses? Do you ever play the vitim? Can you relate to Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? Are you always upbeat and upright? Do you add to the conflict and confusion, or do you always make peace? Do you truly love your people, or do you just use them for your own ends? Are you generous, or do you mostly give to those who have something to give back to you? On a scale of one to ten, how do you score when it comes to the fear of people, or failure, or sickness, or death, or rejection or risk? Is your life an open book? How often do your fail and need forgiveness weekly? daily? hourly? It sounds like you need a shepherd! So instead of saying, 'The Lord is my shepherd,' try saying, 'Because I need a shepherd, I make You Lord of my life.'
The Lord is my shepherd. I make You Lord of my life.
How many times have I let You down.
I feel that ever since I started working, I have drifted far away from the Lord. I am depending on my own strength instead of seeking Him.
How many times I have cried at work. Twice in a week....in front of my seniors....once because I was sooo frustrated at work. Another time was because I felt so incompetent and so lacked of senior support as I was working alone...and my senior gave me wrong advice which could potentially have cost a patient's life, I felt so so guilty that I cried so hard which in fact it wasn't entirely my fault that everything happened.
There are times when I just feel so directionless at work. I need a shepherd to guide me in making the right decisions. Even my seniors make wrong decisions. I need wisdom. I do feel everything about me, is insufficient.
We all need a shepherd. I need one too.
2 comments:
Yes, we all need someone to guide us, if not we will not only be like the sheep but headless chicken wandering no where.
Persevere and continue to pray for wisdom. And as you surely aware of, wisdom doesn't come in a day or two, it accumulates. So keep learning. One day, you will realize the "wisdom" you have is from the past you had encountered, which you persevered.
May God bless you.
Thanks CF. I will continue to persevere and look back one day to see that all that I have gained comes from the One above. Continue to run the race for Him. You too..don't lose heart. XD
Post a Comment