1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
"Describing God’s continual concern for us, the psalmist declares, “He who keeps you will not slumber” (Ps. 121:3). In the context of this psalm, the writer makes it clear that God’s sleepless vigilance is for our good. Verse 5 says, “The Lord is your keeper.” God keeps us, protects us, and cares for us—with no need for refreshing. Our Protector is constantly seeking our good. As one song puts it: “He never sleeps, He never slumbers. He watches me both night and day.”
"Are you facing difficulties? Turn to the One who never sleeps. Each second of each day, let Him “preserve your going out and your coming in” (v.8)."The Rock of Ages stands secure,
He always will be there;
He watches over all His own
To calm their anxious care
Thoughts: Very often we forget that God will always be with us no matter where we are, what we do, and what time it is! The Lord watches every single thing we do. Our God is a faithful God, so we have to run to Him to seek comfort, advice, direction, guidance, or more. Without Him, we are nothing. He will always be there, so we have to learn to seek Him and listen to Him.
Heavenly Father I just want to thank you for watching over all of us, all the time, please continue to take care of us, our needs, and may Your will be done. Thank you for what you had done for us so far. I pray that you will calm down the hearts of those who are anxious, let them know that You are always there for them, no matter what. Thank you for listening to our prayer.
As the bible written: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. (Ps 19.14)"
4 comments:
ahhahhaha!!! You just took the psalm I was intending to share this friday! =p =p hehe! Glad you read this psalm, it is one of my favourite and Yee Kuan's too! May God watch over all of us and give us peace. =)
Keep posting!!! =)
haha. only me and probably yee kuan will read it though. so go ahead and share. can't wait to hear it. definitely going to be different coz everyone will get a diff msg.
May God calm our hearts down and focus our tasks and in good health.
Thanks.
hahha, i was actually quite surprised that it's was this psalm which was posted. yup steph, looking forward to hear your sharing! xx
ahahaha!!!!! I already changed the psalm I am going to share for this friday! Cuz I found it a bit challenging trying to find songs relating to this psalm's message that I have. So I will probably put it on the blog instead. =p =p
Post a Comment