The song… Amazing Love… It touches me deeply.
I’m forgiven, because He was forsaken.
I’m accepted, He was condemned.
Jesus said, “Go now and leave your life of sin”.
I know, God is speaking to me.
The song keeps playing in my head.
The video portrays a woman, who reflects each and every one of us, of course, including me.
Amazing love, how can it be,
That you my God would die for me?
It’s so unbelievable, yet it’s true.
I know well the feelings within me.
I think about it over and over again each day.
So do I pray about it over and over again.
But I know, I’m still not doing what I should.
If I can’t love people around me, how then can I love God?
How hard can it be, to just really love them sincerely?
When God Himself loved the whole world,
And when Jesus came for sinners like me.
Repentance is not just about confessing our sins, but to also have changes in actions.
And I know it so well, that I’m not truly doing it, despite all the prayers, despite how sorry I feel every time.
That’s why, I know that I did not repent.
But why then, can’t I let go of certain things?
Why then, am I still holding on tightly to some things, when it benefits no one.
Not being able to really love them, makes me of no difference from a murderer.
Now, I see my sins.
I thank God that He enabled me to, by giving me the wisdom.
And I hate them.
I have no other solutions, as to how to manage all these.
I feel like it’s beyond something that I can grasp at this point.
3 comments:
I was thinking about this song in the afternoon, then check this blog and saw your post! haha. Your post is really deep and I don't know how to comment really on it but just to share my thoughts upon reading it.
When you persevere means you have faith, and you trust God at the same time to provide a way out. You hoping one day, you can overcome the weakness. Like the song "God will make a way", the lyrics "He works in ways we cannot see, but He will make a way for me, He will be my guide, hold me closely to His side, with love and strength for each new day, He will make a way, He will make way."
We humans are not perfect, so there would be trials after trials like what we learned, to make us mature and grow. So, let's believe one day, you will overcome this, with God's love and help. Of course it is easier said than done. You said it's beyond something you can grasp at this point. But definitely when you mature, you will be. Will keep you in prayer.
Good luck in your revision too.
Hey..heehee..sorry only read this post so late cuz was practising osce whole day until no voice. =p =p
If you can wait so long, you can share with me face to face after my exam finish this wednesday. heehee..today got a crap headache also, people talk to me, somehow I don't seem to be listening or retaining anything. =S =S Wednesday onwards am free d!!!!! can't wait!
In the meantime, persevere and continue keeping your faith! =) I also have to continue persevering despite everything being so difficult at the moment...
ok brain block..need to sleep d! tty soon!
Hey CF, thanks. Thanks for all the encouragement that you've given ever since last year. Thanks for showing your support, even just by leaving a comment when you think you aren't sure what to comment. But God's love is shown through you, everytime you encourage people around you, by little things that you do. (they might not seem big to you yourself, but they might impact others without you knowing^^) guess this is one of your spiritual gifts, like what we touched on during cell tonight? You too, all the best in everything, especially your revision at this point.
Steph,it's okay, I understand! I guess you're working really really hard now for OSCE!! Yup, I'll do my best to stand firm and persevere in whatever hardships that I go through. Tty after Wed! (although it'll be my turn to have to sit for my spot test soon ><) Will pray for your health and exams too! All the best!
xx
Yee Kuan
Post a Comment