Somebody's down to their last time
Somebody's running out of time
Not too far from here
Somebody's got nowhere else to go
Somebody needs a little hope
Not too far from here
And I may not know their name
But I'm praying just the same
That You'll use me Lord to wipe away a tear
Cause somebody's crying
Not too far from here
Somebody's troubled and confused
Somebody's got nothing left to lose
Not too far from here
Somebody's forgotten how to trust
Somebody's dying for love
Not too far from here
It may be a stranger's face
But I'm praying for Your grace
To move in me and take away the fear
Cause somebody's hurting
Not too far from here
Help me Lord not to turn away from pain
Help me not to rest while those around me weep
Give me Your strength and compassion
When somebody finds the road of life too steep
Somebody's troubled and confused
Somebody's got nothing left to lose
Not too far from here
Somebody's forgotten how to trust
And somebody's dying for love
Not too far from here
Now I'm letting down my guard
And I'm opening my heart
Help me speak Your love to every needful ear
Someone is waiting not too far from here
Someone is waiting not too far from here
This is a song that Sarah asked me to listen to. She heard it from the radio. If it was me, it would have probably just be a song which doesn't impact me much, not til I take a closer look at the lyrics.
I find it rather true, that most of the times our prayers just focus on things which happen to ourselves, especially when there are no prayer points mentioned. Even during prayer meetings, sometimes we struggle finding things to pray for.
I think since NEEC, I' was more able to take a step back and look at a bigger picture, to see not only things which happen in my own world, to see not only my needs, and to appreciate things as a whole. It started with NEEC's theme this year (church without walls). It was a rather deep topic. Before that, I rarely considered the church as a whole, what more the relationships and links between churches of different backgrounds, different nations.
Well, maybe it's still too soon or too big a thing for me to consider these issues. To put it in other words, maybe I am still a bit too small to bring about any big contributions. But this song reminded me that there are still so much things that I can actually do, so as everyone else.
I see that I can actually be a bit more sensitive (maybe sometimes just a bit more would be sufficient) to people around me, to things around me, so that I can see the needs. These needs may be just a word of encouragement, a listening ear, a helping hand, a simple hug or a simple prayer that we can utter to God anywhere, anytime. These needs may be something small which are often neglected, but may be significant to someone who needs them. Our responses to these needs then, can totally change the day of others, maybe from feeling lonely to feeling loved, from sorrow to joy, from feeling empty to feeling blessed.
Often, we just can't be bothered. But why? Laziness seem to be a big thing to us nowadays. Try to think back, what did you feel lazy to do for the past one day? Were you
lazy to start studying?
lazy to reply people's texts?
lazy to go get a cup of water or to wash up dishes from dinner?
lazy to go out when someone asked you to?
The list can go on and on.. Sometimes maybe it doesn't matter that much when it's about our own stuff. We can be lazy to do something for ourselves and catch up on work when we feel more like doing it. But what if it comes to people around us? If they need someone to listen or someone to talk to, have we ever turned them down because we just don't feel like listening or talking at that time? Well, I guess I have.
Who knows, when will it be the last times we get to talk to someone? Sometimes a lot of trust is put on us when we're approached for help.
Just wanna pray that we'll be a bit more sensitive, to just know it, when people need us, and we'll just offer to be there, to help if we can, even by just the simplest ways. Hopefully we won't disappoint people around us. Give them hope, and show them love when they need them. These we are able to give, because God had given to us.
Random thoughts gathered at random hours,
Yee Kuan
3 comments:
=) Never heard of this song before. The lyrics is meaningful indeed.
It is difficult to focus on other's needs cuz occasionally we always tend to put all the focus on ourselves. But pray that God will help us to overcome this struggle. =)
yea... and i find that even as we see their needs we might still not feel like bothering... it's not good, but sometimes it just happens ><
Yea, we can only pray that God will help us in our daily walk and transform us bit by bit till one day we would not just be focusing on ourselves, and sensitivity towards people around us become like second nature.
Post a Comment