Well, I didn't expect to be the first one to post something in this blog after a long silence since July 2011, especially after I went back to Malaysia. Full story, all of you should know.
I'm in the midst of my revision before my Jan exams and for most people who know me well, I always have a panic attack and gets frustrated easily, very negative about everything and moan about this and that...the list just goes on...
Something interesting caught my attention when I fb-ing (yea of course I would even when there's revision to do). Initially I didn't pay much attention to it, until a friend of mine who is a Buddhist, who is really into it, posted about it. It was then I was like "wow, even he post about it, there must be something". After a few clicks, I was then on youtube watching the video for a few minutes. That video got my attention totally, better than my thick pile of notes on herpervirus or staphylococcus etc.
At different points of the video, what he said triggered some thoughts in me. The one thing that just makes me wonder over and over again is his opinion on Jesus and Religion. He said "religion is man searching for god, and Christianity is God searching for man.....So I know I hate religion, in fact I literally resent it". Ok wait right there. Christianity is not a religion then? Then the norms of defining your religion is flawed because from my understanding, Christianity is a religion?? Yes/no? Of course there's the understanding that Jesus is the only one and real God and being Christian means following Jesus, but maybe I just misunderstood what is this religion, or definition of religion all about, or others? Maybe next time when someone ask what is your religion, we should give a more concrete answer saying we're believer and follower of Jesus, rather than I'm a Christian? Maybe someone can guide me here so I can a better picture and understanding.
Of course there were some parts that I really like in that 'poem' he wrote. But this video sure is contagious and spread like virus on both facebook and youtube. Also, it's interesting to read some of the comments (good or bad) on youtube which fascinates me how some people viewed 'Christianity' is and about, or even arguments from 'Christians'. The wisdom we're given to understand things is so mysterious to me.
Nonetheless, wish everyone Happy New Year even though I don't know if anyone still reads this. Perhaps YK and ST will >.< (back to face the world of tiny microbes...)
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment