Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reflections from Acts 12 and saturday sessions.

Been ages since I last blogged because of all the busy-ness. Decided to blog before I start my on calls streak again on thursday

Acts 12. A passage that we went through in cell 2 fridays ago kinda spoke to me.

It was a good passage. Amazing story of the miraculous escape of Peter from prison. A wonderful testimony of how God delivers in His timing.

The whole passage just tells us of how we have a God who is in control. BUT even if he does not deliver, he is in control, because He is God. God will deliver in His own timing as how He rescued Peter from Prison. The people prayed but did not expect God to deliver so soon, they thought it was the angel knocking on the door. Everything happens in God timing. James died in the beginning of the passage (Herod killed him), we wonder why wouldn't God save James, and we doubt. We doubt that God will not deliver Peter. But James's death is not a mistake. God is in control. Peter came to his realisation (verse 12: 'When this had dawned on him'),Peter probably has doubts even in the worst of situations, but realised that God is in control.

I don't know how many people knew that I accidentally de-registered myself from the GMC one night while I was trying to apply for full registration. It was a horrifying experience. I realised how vulnerable I was, how I was so not in control of the situation when it happens, as I could not redo the mistake that I made. For those who doesn't know what de-registering with the GMC means, it means that I am not allowed to practise in the UK, meaning I am not allowed to work the next day. I tried to rectify the mistake, but a notice popped up saying that 5 working days was needed to allow GMC to re-process the application.

I was so upset. But it dawned on me that same night, after struggling for so long, to let God take control. There was nothing I could do in my means, but pray that God will take control of things. Even if things doesn't happen the way I want it to be, God is in control. So I surrendered it all and went to sleep.

The next day, I phoned up GMC and they rectified my mistake within 15 minutes without any extra charges, without having to wait for 5 working days, without giving me any hassle.

God is in control even in the worst of situations.

But there are times when things does not go smoothly as we want it to happen. But I pray that God will deliver in his timing.

We had a few sessions on saturday which were really meaningful. Learning about the pursue of godliness, how to put God in the centre of bible reading.

I was reminded of 4 things which stops us from knowing and loving God:

a) The wounds of the heart.

Wounded people cannot love.

b) The cynism of the mind.

I doubt.

which leads to...

c) Paralysis of the will

I can't....

d) Overcrowding of the soul

I am too busy...

I am too busy for God...

Heal us Lord from the wounds of our heart, the doubts we have in us. To have the 3 faiths that I learnt:

a) The going on faith
b) The charging on faith
c) The holding on faith

The hardest is the holding on faith. In all this, believe in what God has promised.

Knowing God is about the life of God in the soul of man. To not just know God by head knowledge but ask for fresh encounters with Him.

Loving God because He first love us.

2 comments:

yeekuan^^ said...

hey was the faith one in one of the dvds as well? i'm interested in watching it or know more about it even after david mentioned it the other day..

stephanie said...

yups it was from the last DVD. =pp Enjoyed it hehe...maybe you can ask wee leon if he is willing to let you watch! =p