Edwin van der Sar, goalkeeper for the Manchester United soccer team, had a “safe” pair of hands. He kept the ball from entering his team’s goal for 1,302 minutes, a world record in one season! That means that for almost 15 games of 90 minutes each, no one was able to score even one goal against his team while he was guarding the goalposts. But one goal by an opposing team in March 2009 ended his record.
The psalmist David found comfort in the safest pair of hands—God’s hands. He wrote of God’s protection in Psalm 138, “You will stretch out Your hand . . . and Your right hand will save me” (v.7). Like David, we can look to God’s safe hands to keep us from spiritual danger and defeat.
Another assurance from God’s Word for followers of Christ is Jude 1:24-25: “Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.” That doesn’t mean we’ll never stumble. But it does mean we won’t stumble so badly that God cannot pick us up.
God’s safe pair of hands can never fail—ever! — C. P. Hia
From Him, who loves me now so well,
What power my soul can sever?
Shall life or death, or earth or hell?
No—I am His forever. —Small
No place is more secure than to be in God’s hands.
Reflection:
I've not been doing much recently, in reading God's work / maybe just rely on Him for a lot of things. For me, a lot of things happened over this academic year, so much that at times I just feel that they are beyond what I can handle. Well, maybe it's true, that I really am clueless, and I can't overcome them, WITHOUT GOD's HELP. I had so much to cope with besides studies, that I'm not sure whether I can still concentrate and pass my 2nd year's assessments. Throughout the year, there were a few times when I was really broken down, when I really feel like giving up on things, but it was during those times when I wanted to give up, that something else happened just right after, as if God was telling me that I shouldn't give up. Perhaps just if I can endure these and go through them, things will one day get better.
It was one of the days which I felt so hopeless in some things that I'm going through. Although they might seem nothing as compared to what David was going through, Psalm 69:1-3 portraits how I felt, because things which do mean a lot to me are just not working out, and it seemed like no matter what I do, they just can't be better. Also, I found it hard to feel God's presence at times, and I wondered how will He speak to me. Cuz I felt disconnected with him. Not knowing what He wants me to do, I don't know what steps to take and I was just afraid to take any actions.
I'm quoting this from somewhere "When you're completely beaten down, it can be tempting to turn from God, to give up and quit trusting him. When your situation seems hopeless, determine that, no matter how bad things become, you will continue to pray. God will hear your prayer, he will hold you close to his heart, and in his perfect timing, he will rescue you. Don't turn from your most faithful friend."
I don't know how things are going to progress, but after all things I guess maybe it's really time for me to let go of something, to have that "I don't care anymore" attitude, to just let God do His work and take charge, trusting that all that's bound to happen will happen, and God will lead me through them. It's not easy for me, even now as I'm typing all these, but I will try. Just wanna let God do His work, instead of me holding tightly to things and struggling to survive on my own.
Just want to...
Let God be the one who heals broken relationships, all the scars on our hearts and all things which have fallen apart,
Let God lead from now, from this point of time, especially in areas which I didn't let Him in before this, and accept all things that are going to happen, for in Him things happen for good,
Stop my tears and start to be more positive again, because I still know, that I'm really blessed in a lot of things, in the midst of all other things.
Hmm, not sure whether there was any flow in this post, cuz it's also late night now already. Hope things will get better.
1 Peter 1:6 Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.
yee kuan
5 comments:
Still has a lot better flow than mine though..I still think mine does not really make sense..hehe..but no time to rewrite yet...
Good to read your post again..everyday I still visit it, hoping to see you blog again after so long..heehee.. =p Glad you did so that I don't have to always read my own post all the time..kekeke.
"When God leads you to the edge of the cliff,
Trust him fully.
Only one of the 2 things can happen,
either He will catch you when you fall
or
He will teach you how to fly."
Persevere on! Let Him mould you into the person He wants you to be. You are not alone. I am clueless about my own future too and many other stuff..but I guess it probably isn't time yet for God's will to be done. And when he does, His glory will be shown and all praises be to Him!
ps: I am having brain block from this SSC...haha..can't even construct sentences properly or be able to express what I want to say..eeish.. xD
oh yee kuan is back..hehe...after massoc finished dy free dy oh..lol..
welcome back. :)
Thanks Steph and CF!! Yea, indeed, it has always been like that... When life goes too busy and too much things happen, guess I just really need to slow down and look back, to notice how God put everything into place nicely, even though that included sorrows and sadness. Knowing that He's always with me is still the best and most comforting. Thanks for always be with me too!
I will probably just start simple and slow again in blogging, at a pace that I can accept. so bear with me yea =P
and yea, I still read your previous posts although I didn't really comment :)
haha...dun have to comment on every blog post one. =p Start slow loh..right now, I also dun have time to blog my psalms but I try to share them in worship..hehehe..so that the psalms you all hear in worship are not those I blogged. =p
I enjoy this slow pace at the moment too cuz I got more and more work on my hands..eeks..
Post a Comment