Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:7
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Hebrews 11:39 Living by faith
Hebrews chapter 11 is often referred to as 'the gallery of faith'. Two groups are mentioned. Group one '...escaped... the sword...' (Hebrews 11:34 NAS). Group two '...were put to death with the sword...' (Hebrews 11:37 NAS).
Now we'd all like to be in group one, but the Bible says both groups '...gained [God's] approval through their faith...' (Hebrews 11:39 NAS).
The Message paraphrases this Scripture: '...these people of faith died not yet having in hand what was promised, but still believing. How did they do it? They saw it way off in the distance...' (Hebrews 11:13 TM). Their faith kept them focused!
Sometimes faith is an instrument of change;at other times it's a means of survival. It's what gives you the tenacity to trust God when His will seems to clash with yours. Often your faith is perfected more when things don't change than when they do. You don't need faith for what you can see or have already attained; you need it when life makes no sense, when you can't explain why the baby dies, or the job falls through, or the marriage isn't working, or the wicked prosper, or the good die, or the righteous suffer, or the kind receive no comfort. We think there's only one good outcome - the one we want. No, we must trust the character and plan of God; who He is and what He does. We must see Him at work in whatevercomes our way. And even when we can't, we must trust Him, knowing '...God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose...' (Romans 8:28 NLT). Did you get that? Everything!
You are the Shepherd Giving what I could not afford Leaving the many You sought to find me Lord
I will remember You are the reason for my song Blessed Redeemer You love me as Your own
In the deep of Your grace All my sins are washed away Here I know the power of forgiveness Here I know the power of Your blood
All I am will I lay down All I have before Your cross Lord
2 comments:
CF
said...
You are not alone Steph...I also have the same problem. It's really hard to struggle through when you don't know or can't see the end line like you said. On top of that your course is more difficult so I can't imagine. But like you said, we need to have faith. Have faith that God will help us through everything. Turn negatives things and thoughts to positive, take it as inspiration to improve. Of coz it's easier said than done. Haha.
I Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
I John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
2 comments:
You are not alone Steph...I also have the same problem. It's really hard to struggle through when you don't know or can't see the end line like you said. On top of that your course is more difficult so I can't imagine. But like you said, we need to have faith. Have faith that God will help us through everything. Turn negatives things and thoughts to positive, take it as inspiration to improve. Of coz it's easier said than done. Haha.
I Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
I John 4:4
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Gambate! Let's work hard and graduate together!
Hey! Glad to see your comment! We all need to start working hard and hope to graduate so tat people won't be disappointed! =)
Post a Comment