I felt that God was present, though it wasn't as strong as the time when SW was talking to us.
Yee Kuan told me to lead. I did not have any brain freeze. In fact, it did not felt like it was me talking cuz it was too smooth to be true. I have not talked about God that much before in my entire life. I had like so much to say of how much He has done in my quiet time over the past week. I felt so excited. Even Yee Kuan said 'good job' to me at the end of it which greatly encouraged me as well.
But I have to say the thing that encourages me the most is to see CF actually reading and reflecting on psalm 27 (the psalm I told Yee Kuan to text him the night before to give him a source of inspiration for his coming exams) + reading commentaries as well (I was surprised...I really was). CF even mentioned that he would like to join a 12 weeks psalm course (..I can't remember if it was 12 weeks).. To see everyone hungry for God's word encourages me a lot. Always remember that prayer is not enough and that most of the time God answers us through His word.
I have to say that over the past one week, my quiet time with yee kuan has brought tremendous effect and changes in me. We had grown a lot over the past week. We learnt so much more than before. In fact, I had actually became quite excited over God's word. I never know that it was so exciting reading God's word.
The quiet time over the week started off with my reflection of the word devotional book. But I felt that I didn't learn much. So I went searching deeper and felt more satisfied. The more I searched, I felt more hungry for God's word. Instead of just spending less than 20 minutes on the word, I am now spending nearly 1 and half hours everyday reading His word. It gives me a joy which I cannot describe. So, I would like to encourage those who are not doing their quiet time to start reading His word.
Yee kuan gave CF a book on the 'purpose driven life'. We (me, yee kuan and CF) are planning to go through it after CF's exams. Lynda mentioned that she has two books (one belongs to jean and the other belong to her.) that I could lend which was great.
The past one week had been an amazing week and journey with God.
2 comments:
hi steph! yup it was 12 weeks ^^
i'm really glad to read what you wrote! and yea, the past 1 week was great! great in the sense that it's a holiday which is so different from the ones i had before. i'm happy that both of us actually talked so much about god's words and our experiences. i think it's so much better than me myself reading and praying cuz i wouldn't have tried to think hard about what are the impacts the printed words had/can have on me. but knowing that we are gonna have our sharing sessions later on i was motivated ^^ in a nutshell, it was great to grow together with you, and hope we'll be able to sustain this for as long as possible ^^
and good to hear about "the purpose driven life" =)
yee kuan
Hey Yee Kuan,
still writing isit? I waiting till now leh. =p =p Kidding la...no pressure la. Just excited to read what your quiet time today is about. Hehehe...
Hopefully this will be sustained for a long time!
Post a Comment