Wednesday, March 16, 2011

random

I remember a while ago I was talking to quite a few people about certain issues as a Christian medic. I felt that as a Christian medic, even though at times we gain contact with patients with all kinds of worries and problems, it's impossible that we direct them to God straightaway. and that's because of "professionalism". Things played in my mind but to be honest I didn't quite know what was my question and what was God trying to say to me. It felt something like "we were called to spread His gospel, to help, to pray for others, but I know we just can't in some situations". It's like God's the solution, but it's like a secret which can't be gotten through to people who needs it.

but i somehow got an answer today. i felt like i found what god was calling me to do. there were patients who came in with depression etc today. and there was one which i prayed for silently in my heart while observing the gp's consultation. i knew i couldn't tell her anything in person, so when i prayed, i prayed that she will meet god somewhere in her life as she walked out the consultation room. i prayed that god will just send ppl to her or just put her in situations which she could just know that god is there. and it made me realised that a lot of these people hardly know any christians. they wouldn't have access to god. and coincidentally i meet her and know about her problems and i can pray for her. it's a blessing, for her and for me. i wouldn't know what happens to her as she leaves, but i believe that god heard me, and He's going to do something for her, for His beloved daughter/creation.

and hence, new thing i learned today: pray for everyone in need. it might just make a difference

philipians 3:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


just really want to thank god for how He speaks to me in such a personal way, and He revealed to me what I can do. =D


yee kuan

No comments: